July/August KDE PIM summary blog post

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Sep 2 08:53:50 BST 2023

On Freitag, 1. September 2023 12:09:17 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 August 2023 21:05:24 CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll take this one.
> >
> > Thank you Dan!

> > > Should we start reposting all the summary posts to kontact.kde.org blog,
> > > even if the author originally publishes it on their personal blog (with
> > > the
> > > author's permission and link to the original blog post, of course) , so
> > > that we have a full history of the reports in one place? Posts
> > > eventually
> > > disappear from Planet KDE, so they become harder to find the further
> > > back
> > > you want to go.
> >
> > Indeed. I have been wondering if we should be doing all new posts there
> > directly, possibly even as a joint MR with everyone adding their material
> > themselves, similar to e.g. Plasma Mobile handled this.
>
> That sounds like a good idea - let's try it this way next time?

Yep. I've also enabled the automatic Discuss forwarding for blog posts for
this now, so we also have a place for comments for those posts.

> > Also adding the old posts makes sense IMHO. I'm certainly fine with "my"
> > posts being added (most of the content in there is provided by others
> > anyway).
>
> At least we should add the one from May/June (I think it was on your blog,
> right?), to avoid the gap between March/April and July/August posts on the
> Kontact website. How far into the past do we want to go? I found the oldest
> post on my blog was from March/April 2019, but I don't think it's worth the
> effort to republish everything from the past 4 years...

Right, I doubt it's worth the effort to add all of them, so maybe let's only do
2023?

Then those two would be missing:
May/June: https://volkerkrause.eu/2023/07/05/kde-pim-may-june-2023.html
January/February: https://volkerkrause.eu/2023/03/08/kde-pim-january-february-2023.html