July/August KDE PIM summary blog post

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Fri Sep 1 09:59:02 BST 2023

### KMail

The composer now directly show information about encryption keys, that are
near at expiry date or already expired. Before this information was given
after the user hit the sent button via a popup dialog. Now the user can update
the key before hitting Sent. Trust Levels are shown in tooltips are shown for
encryption keys instead of simple validity. [Trust Levels concept](https://
wiki.gnupg.org/AutomatedEncryption#Trust_Levels) match better in mail context
than simple key validity. Additionally the Encrypt button now indicate,
whether encryption is possible or not.

(Screenshots attached)