May/June KDE PIM summary blog post

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Jul 3 11:52:28 BST 2023

Hi,

sorry for being late :)

(I chose KOrganizer category since that's where the user will encounter the
feature, although technically it's the incidence editor and the code is
acutally implemented in akonadi-calendar - feel free to pick a better
category).

## KOrganizer

Dan has finished an initial support for sending signed and encrypted calendar
invitations from KOrganizer. When you create a new event with attendees in
KOrganizer, depending on the organizer identity crypto preferences as well as
crypto preferences of individual attendees, KOrganizer will cryptographically
sign and/or encrypt the invitation email sent to attendees. This improvement
is aligned with our vision of providing privacy by default.

The UX side of this feature is not very polished just now and there's some
more work related to handling encrypted invitations in KMail that needs to
happen first, so no screenshots yet.

---

/Dan