kmail serious problems

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Feb 6 21:09:34 GMT 2023

On Montag, 6. Februar 2023 12:46:38 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Montag, 6. Februar 2023 11:47:27 CET Laurent Montel wrote:
> > Le lundi 6 février 2023, 11:07:18 CET Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> > > PS: That being all said, my spouse is using KMail POP3 support happily.
> > > Less volume of mail and many less filters of course. I confess I wish
> > > she
> > > had troubles with it sometimes... then I'd have something manageable to
> > > try to debug. But luckily for a pacified home it just works.
> >
> > Just for info, I use POP3 (20 years) for my private email/kde email (so a
> > lot of emails). I have more than 50 filters, and all works fine.
>
> Then it's probably a problem of certain settings (e.g. Leave on server)
> and/or bad POP3 servers (I guess most of them are also decades old and
> mostly unmaintained) with unreliable UIDL support.

I'm using this with a gmx account. I would assume this server is maintained.
I know nothing about UIDLs. Those duplicated emails cannot be displayed (i.e.
when clicking on them nothing happens), they always stay  "unread" and I
cannot delete them.

Is there something I can do to help ?
I can remember that building kmail/kdepim was quite some work...
Is there maybe some component which I could just try to build to do some
debugging ?
(I don't even know where to start, kmail, pop3, akonadi, akonadi-agents)
Or can I use some tool to find out something about those duplicated emails ?
akonadictl, mysql something, or akonadiconsole, something ?

Thanks
Alex