July/August KDE PIM summary blog post

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 20:05:24 BST 2023

On Tuesday, 29 August 2023 22:43:23 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 August 2023 17:24:07 CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> > The last one was edited by me
> > (https://volkerkrause.eu/2023/07/05/kde-pim-may-june-2023.html), any
> > volunteers for this one?
>
> I'll take this one.

Thank you Dan!

> > Note that thanks to Ingo's work this can now also be done on the
> > kontact.kde.org blog instead of requiring a personal blog set up and
> > aggregated on planet.kde.org, so this is just a merge request to https://
> > invent.kde.org/websites/kontact-kde-org away for everyone :)
>
> Should we start reposting all the summary posts to kontact.kde.org blog,
> even if the author originally publishes it on their personal blog (with the
> author's permission and link to the original blog post, of course) , so
> that we have a full history of the reports in one place? Posts eventually
> disappear from Planet KDE, so they become harder to find the further back
> you want to go.

Indeed. I have been wondering if we should be doing all new posts there
directly, possibly even as a joint MR with everyone adding their material
themselves, similar to e.g. Plasma Mobile handled this.

Also adding the old posts makes sense IMHO. I'm certainly fine with "my" posts
being added (most of the content in there is provided by others anyway).

Regards,
Volker