July/August KDE PIM summary blog post (resent it was moderated as I send a gif for bigamot plugin. I will send it directly to Dan as he will wrote report)

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 12:21:19 BST 2023

Hi,
I continued to port to kf6/qt6 (remove deprecated methods).
I finished to split of akonadi-contact started by Anant Verma => now we have
akonadi-contact-core/akonadi-contact-widget.
I split libksieve as ksievecore/ksievewidget => it can be used in qml in the
future.

KtextAddons:
------------
I moved Custom text editor in ktextaddons => it can be used in another apps
(as ruqola).
I created bergamot local translator plugin (see attachment). Now we can
translate text locally => it avoids to use google and co.

kmail:
------
I start to reimplement adblock plugin support (using rust based on AngelFish
code).
In archive plugin now we can define range when archiving will arrived. (see
screenshot). (bug 473007).
Now we have a history about mails received => When we have a lot of folders
with unread messages we can see if we have new mails etc.

I fixed "Fix Do not change color from original HTML mail" also makes plain text
mail not adhere to color scheme (bug 471857)"

KAddressbook:
I start to fix bug 473224 "Use CTRL+E for editing contact"

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel: France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www.kdab.fr