Autocorrect functionality

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 11:09:44 BST 2022

> I am not familiar with the AutoCorrect data in Calligra and LO, but sounds
> to me like LO are keeping
> their data updated/maintained? if so, could we
> change our parsing to parse/consume their data directly? (i.e. like using
> myspell dictionaries).
>
> Regards,
> Ahmad Samir

Good idea.
I have in kmail a libreoffice import class.
So I just need to implement method for loading info from it.
There is just a problem as I can’t save as libreoffice file (and it’s perhaps
critical if I save in invalid format).
But I think that we can load libreoffice data, and when we save we save a
autocrrect kde it will avoid problem.

It will not sync between kde apps -> libreoffice but we don’t have separate
autocorrect code as myspell...
It will be better that duplicate data.

Regards.

--