"Open Invitations" and akonadi_search_resource

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sun Jul 17 15:20:55 BST 2022

Hi,

> I suppose the akonadi_search_resource was supposed to display these
> invitations so the filter model made sure we didn't display the invitation
> twice. But since this resource disappeared/broke, we now don't have any
> invitations displayed anymore.

The akonadi_search_resource is not broken - you can check it via
akonadiconsole, that there you find invitations. The search resource is
relaying on the Akonadi Search and you can see it as a persistent search. You
can see the query string, if you go to Interals tab in akonadiconsole in
folder properties.

The main reason for this persistent search is, that you may want to show
invitations in an different color and to always see them even if the calendar
is not displayed. If you read an email of an invitation in kmail the
invitation is automatically added to you default calender. You can answer the
invitation later via KOrganizer and don't need to to this in KMail.

> I wonder if we shouldn't just change the condition in
> calfilterpartstatusproxymodel to by default only hide invitations where we
> are attendees and that we explicitly declined and maybe add an API to
> display all invitations (in case the user wants to also see the declined
> invitations).

Why to add another API? You can define the mBlockedStatusList and you have
Akonadi Search that gives you all exactly what you what to have ;)
The only difference is, that the collection is a virtual one (isVirtual=True).
That implies that parentCollection != storageCollection. For virtual one the
parentCollection is the search folder and the storageCollection is pointing to
the collection, where the event is stored.

Btw. the  proxy model makes sure that events comming from virtual collections
(like this Open Invitations collection) are always displayed:

https://invent.kde.org/pim/akonadi-calendar/-/blob/master/src/
calfilterpartstatusproxymodel_p.cpp#L91

Maybe we need to move the SearchCollectionHelper, that take care about the
search query,  to a place where also kalendar can use it:

https://invent.kde.org/pim/korganizer/-/blob/master/src/helper/
searchcollectionhelper.h

Cheers,

Sandro