"Open Invitations" and akonadi_search_resource

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Sun Jul 17 09:39:08 BST 2022

Le dimanche 17 juillet 2022 à 5:20 AM, Glen Ditchfield <GJDitchfield at acm.org> a écrit :

> In KOrganizer, when I select the "Update Folder" item from the right-
> click menu of the "Open Invitations" search folder, Akonadi (not
> KOrganizer) prints
>
> org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Agent instance with identifier
> "akonadi_search_resource" does not exist
>
> Whatever happened to akonadi_search_resource? I haven't found any
> information about it. Was it something that wasn't ported forward
> during some major upgrade? Was there ever a version of KOrganizer where
> "Open Invitations" worked? Is there any potentially useful old code or
> documentation available somewhere?

Hi,

For Kalendar, we looked into it a while ago. The issue with the invitations
is that:
- ETMCalendar supports them
- but a proxy model in akonadi-calendar filter them out
  https://invent.kde.org/pim/akonadi-calendar/-/blob/master/src/calfilterpartstatusproxymodel_p.cpp#L102

I suppose the akonadi_search_resource was supposed to display these invitations
so the filter model made sure we didn't display the invitation twice. But since
this resource disappeared/broke, we now don't have any invitations displayed
anymore.

I wonder if we shouldn't just change the condition in calfilterpartstatusproxymodel
to by default only hide invitations where we are attendees and that we explicitly
declined and maybe add an API to display all invitations (in case the user wants to also
see the declined invitations).

In Kalendar we are alreadying hiding "Open Invitations" as it does nothing currently
and I also wonder if it would then make sense to completely remove it in akonadi-calendar
and just display the invitation normally like any other event.

What do you think?
Cheers,
Carl