Support WKS publishing from within Kleopatra

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Apr 5 12:56:14 BST 2022

On Dienstag, 5. April 2022 13:27:49 CEST Felix Tiede wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 5. April 2022, 09:24:20 CEST schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > On Montag, 4. April 2022 17:42:15 CEST Felix Tiede wrote:
> > > Kmail's account wizard already supports it, yet it is unavailable for
> > > existing keys and accounts: Publish a PGP key on the mail provider's WKD
> > > using the WKS process.
> >
> > Yes, that's still missing in Kleopatra. See https://dev.gnupg.org/T5334
> > which is the high-level task for improving the support for WKS/WKD in
> > Kleopatra.
>
> Interesting.
> My patch so far only supports publishing a key, not searching/downloading
> it.

That's good because searching and downloading/importing keys via WKD is
supported since December.

> > > Back then it was only supported to publish at the key's first user id's
> > > provider and address, it has meanwhile been amended to support
> > > publishing for each key's user id.
> >
> > Sounds good.
>
> Thanks.
> It's currently implemented as a context menu entry for each User ID, like
> the entry for the key itself in the keylist, where the latter uses the
> key's first user id at all times, the former tries to get a mail transport
> for the ID before trying.

Makes sense. Alternatively, one could ask for the user ids to publish similar
to the "Certify" dialog.

> > That's what this mailing list is about. For more direct assistance we
> > could
> > also meet at the #kontact IRC channel at Libera.Chat.
>
> I'm rarely on IRC these days, but it's an option, yes.

Me too. The IRC channel is bridged to Matrix if that's more your thing.

> I've attached the (old) kleopatra-21.12.3 patch to this mail, so you can
> have a look at what I did and we can discuss porting it to QGpgME.
>
> Or I can create a MR anyway and we can discuss via the review process,
> whatever works better.

I think using an MR is easier.

Regards,
Ingo