September/October KDE PIM summary blog post

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Oct 25 16:42:02 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021 21:57:59 CEST Carl Schwan wrote:
> Le jeudi 21 octobre 2021 à 5:49 PM, Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> a écrit
:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > it's time for the bi-monthly blog post again :)
> >
> > If you have contributed in September or October, a summary of your most
> > noteworthy changes would be helpful, bonus points for corresponding
> > screenshots or links to existing posts. If you noticed something
> > noteworthy
> > during the past two months, feel free to add that as well of course!
> >
> > To help refresh your memories and to make sure we aren't missing anything
> > important, there's two files attached here, an auto-generated detailed
> > changelog (this tends to be 30-50% of the commits, using David F's
> > changelog scripts for KF5 releases), and basic commit stats for the PIM
> > repositories.
> >
> > Secondly, we need help with compiling, editing and eventually publishing
> > the blog post. Ideally this rotates between a number of people so that
> > everyone has to do that only once per year or so.
>
> I can do it this time :)

Thanks Carl for stepping up!

Here's my part:

### KMail

* Ensure we connect to SMTP servers with TLS enabled also when no loging is
required (bug 423423).
* Fix an infinite SSL warning dialog loop when rejecting connecting to an IMAP
server with an invalid certificate (bug 423424).

### KOrganizer

* Procedure and email alarms are now treated as regular alarms, due the to
security risk they pose in combination with shared calendars.

The bulk of my work is Itinerary-related, we probably don't need to cover that
in detail here given it has its own blog series (https://volkerkrause.eu/
2021/10/01/kde-itinerary-august-september-2021.html).

Regards,
Volker