Poll: sorting to-dos by priority

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 18:39:54 BST 2021

On Dienstag, 15. Juni 2021 19:16:59 CEST Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> To be clear:  currently, both the printed list and the displayed list allow
> users to choose between "sort in ascending order" and "sort in descending
> order".  Unfortunately, they disagree on what "ascending" and "descending"
> mean.
>
> My question is, if you have chosen to sort a list of to-dos by priority in
> *ascending* order, would you prefer to see the to-dos sorted as
>   A) 1, 2, 3, ... 9 (lowest to highest number)
>   B) 9, 8, 7, ... 1 (lowest to highest priority)

I think the best solution is to avoid the ambiguous "ascending order" and
"descending order" and use something like "Highest Priority on Top" and
"Lowest Priority on Top".

For example, KMail shows the options "Least Recent on Top" and "Most Recent on
Top" (instead of "ascending"/"descending") for the sort direction, if the sort
order is set to "By Date/Time".

Regards,
Ingo