Blog Post

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Aug 27 15:40:47 BST 2021

Am Freitag, 27. August 2021, 16:06:29 CEST schrieb David Bryant:
> I'll send my final copy around as two rich text messages a little later. I
> guess I had heard of the 200 KB size limit before yesterday, but it still
> took me by surprise. Would people mind a whole lot if we bumped that up a
> bit, to maybe 512 KB? I'm not sure what kind of internet connections most
> people on this list have, but I bet most of us can receive digital data at
> a rate of 5 MiB/sec, or better.

Another option over sending files around might be to try to make use of
collaborate.kde.org, as a central place, avoiding the need to send around
copies of files to mailing lists (with all the related issues).

At least for sharing the files.

In a perfect world collaborate.kde.org (which is a Nextcloud instance) would
also enable to work directly on the respective blog post. That is already
possible to some degree, due to the built-in markdown editor:
* editing works
* version support works
* adding comments onto the document survive an editing session
* realtime collaborative editing works (sometimes people report hickups
though)

It fails though to show the embedded images (at least when I just tried), they
are just referenced by a link from the display.

So I would propose to give that a try. And perhaps our local Nextcloud-linked
persons can then also report issues we have to their co-workers (*hinthint* ;)
).

Cheers
Friedrich