Making unit tests first-class again across PIM repos

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Aug 10 16:56:55 BST 2021

Thanks for looking into this! I have done a few attempts on this in the past
and know it's not the most fun thing to do...

On Montag, 9. August 2021 18:05:01 CEST Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
[...]
> Open questions:
>
> How could it happen that the unit tests regressed, often for years?
> How to prevent that happening again?

For me: mostly lack of notifications. I don't look at Jenkins frequently but
mainly rely on emails. And in order to enable test failure notifications we'd
need to get to a state first where everything is green...

> So, who would be interested/willing to join this effort for the coming
> weeks? Myself I have some time reserved for this in the evenings over
> August and begin of September.

I can try to help, but don't expect too much from me, I'm already
overcommitted on various other KDE tasks.

Regards,
Volker