March/April KDE PIM summary blog post

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 11:49:34 BST 2021

Hi,
During these two months I am mainly preparing 21.04 release.

So I fixed a lot of bugs in kmail/kdepim-addons.

I continued to prepare kf6 (removing deprecated methods, increase qt5 to
qt5.15, disable kde4 migration code when we will compile against kf6).

I started to implement block external data displaying in akregator as in kmail
for summary page not when we open website in akregator (some people told us
that it can leak some privacy information).

I fixed kmail "external script" plugins. I added info (see screenshot) + I
added akonadiUrl (so we can use it in script).

I continued to implement mail merge plugin support, idea is to allow to send
several mail generated from a current template. We will replace variable for
example ("to") from a list of contact from addressbook etc.

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel: France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www.kdab.fr