Is KOrganizer and Akonadi broken on master, or is it just me?

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Thu Oct 29 15:07:17 GMT 2020

I used kdesrc-build to build kde-pim on a fresh copy of the PIM Docker image
after running `apt update` and `apt full-upgrade`.  I had to install the
liblzma-dev package to get the build to complete, which may be part of the
problem.

Then I launched KOrganizer, pressed the New Event button, entered an event
title, changed no other fields, and pressed "OK".  The result is a crash, every
time.

Some of the console output is

parse error from icalcomponent_new_from_string. string= ""
org.kde.pim.calendar_serializer: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  1
Storage collection id  10 parentCollectionId =  10
org.kde.pim.calendar_serializer: ""
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822" in item
1 collection 10
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Decompressed payload data was:  ""

Akonadiconsole says there are items in the Personal Calendar collection, but
can't display them.

So ... does it work for you?