Kube & Sink docs at api.kde.org/doc still wanted/needed?

Christian Mollekopf christian at mkpf.ch
Fri May 22 13:07:02 BST 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 12:23:20 CEST you wrote:
> Hi Christian,

Hi Friedrich,

> doing some housekeeping on the server behind api.kde.org it was found to
> surprise to some that the nightly script is spending cpu, i/o & storage
> resources each day on generating some documentation for Kube & Sink, with the
> result available on
>     https://api.kde.org/doc/kube
>     https://api.kde.org/doc/sink
>
> At least for Kube the official documentaion as linked from kube-project.com
> seems to be on https://kube.readthedocs.io though, not api.kde.org/doc.
>
> So is that documentation generated and made available on api.kde.org/doc still
> wanted, or could we remove it already?

Whatever is easier for the time being. It's not API documentation so it was always a special case, and I started using readthedocs.io at some point because publishing repeatedly broke and I didn't have a direct way to fix it myself.

> Be aware that the current legacy system behind api.kde.org is in maintenance
> mode and in some months(?) hopefully replaced by some new system, so you want
> to make sure any perhaps existing interest in future documentation generation
> in that new system is covered. See https://phabricator.kde.org/T12004

Once that new system is up and running we can look at it again,
from the ticket it seems the usecase of mkdocs has been taken into account, which should be all that is necessary I think.

Thanks,
Christian