Trouble building kde-pim using kdesrc-build

Shashwat Jolly shashwat.jolly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:49:29 GMT 2020

I am running a fresh install of Ubuntu 19.10.

- When I followed the first method (sudo apt build-dep on failing modules),
akonadi started up fine. Then I was able to open up korganizer, but it
crashed when I tried to create a new event.
Error log: https://pastebin.com/x6gDYAVH

I redid the entire process on a fresh install and still got more errors
(different this time):

parse error from icalcomponent_new_from_string. string= ""
> org.kde.pim.calendar_serializer: Failed to parse incidence! Item id = 3
> Storage collection id 13 parentCollectionId = 13
> org.kde.pim.calendar_serializer: ""
> org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822" in
> item 3 collection 13
> org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Payload data was: ""

Maybe the event title is being parsed as an empty string?

Also, kontact opened up as a blank window, kmail seemed to work and even
saved drafts (though I did not connect my account). All PIM applications
(korganizer, kontact, kmail) had the error "Shared library was not found"
when I opened up their settings.

- I tried the second method as I thought I would be able to get all non-KDE
dependencies from the packages listed in the Dockerfile, but the Docker
image is based on KDE neon and I am running Ubuntu 19.10, which is probably
why I still got missing dependencies.

Any inputs are appreciated, I'm kind of stuck here :|

--
-Shashwat Jolly

*Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.*

*Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Just walk beside me and be my friend *