Trouble building kde-pim using kdesrc-build

Shashwat Jolly shashwat.jolly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:59:04 GMT 2020

Hi,

I was trying to build kde-pim using kdesrc-build and was having trouble
getting all the dependencies. I've tried the following things:

- "sudo apt build-dep <module>" on every module that fails to build

This I think also installs the released versions of the modules being
built, and these conflicts cause problems. Eg: when I run korganizer, I'm
unable to create a new event etc.

- I cloned the kdepim-docker repo (https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Docker)
and installed all packages listed there. The list was apparently not
exhaustive as I'm still getting many missing dependencies in many modules.

Any suggestions on how I can smooth this out? I want to build PIM and
work on kontact, kmail etc.

Thanks,
Shashwat Jolly