Kmail: Gmail (less secure apps) advice for GNU emacs developers.

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Aug 15 10:14:29 BST 2020

Hi Richard.

Richard Stallman - 15.08.20, 06:40:46 CEST:
[…]
>   > Like I've said I don't know how many times now, I'm not working on
>   > this problem at all.  You'll have to find somebody that can
>   > register these developer accounts (legally) on behalf of the FSF,
>   > and have them go through the review etc.
>
> I think we are miscommunicating.  Perhaps in two ways.

You are missing context. See below.

> You said you didn't want to do the work to follow what Google
> said to do.  I understand.  But now we are talking about following
> the Kmail method.  I don't know what either one actually is, though.
> How similar are those two?

Richard, Adriaan de Groot described the process what Daniel did for
KMail. You have not (yet) been on cc. Daniel basically did what Google
asked him to do:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-pim/2020-August/046550.html

Blog posts of Adrian referenced in there:

Akonadi / KMail and Google accounts

https://euroquis.nl/kde/2020/01/13/google.html

Akonadi / KMail and Google accounts resolved!

https://euroquis.nl/kde/2020/05/12/google.html

Also review this blog post by Dan himself:

Kontact and Google Integration Issues

https://www.dvratil.cz/2019/08/kontact-google-integration-issue/

As I have no interest whatsoever to use Google products like GMail, I
have no intention to answer any further questions. I just thought I
clear up the misunderstanding.

Best,
--
Martin