aconadi-contacts dependeny on kmime on Windows

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Aug 6 15:37:46 BST 2020

On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 10:36:27 CEST Christoph Feck wrote:
> Hello PIM developers,
>
> I see akonadi-contacts regularily failing on CI, because the version of
> KMime doesn't match, see
> https://build.kde.org/job/Applications/view/Everything%20-%20stable-kf5-qt5/
> job/akonadi-contacts/job/stable-kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.14/
>
> Could someone please check the build metadata for akonadi-contacts?

This looks more complicated than just a missing dependency info if I read the
logs correctly:
- KMime is retrieved as a dependency (ie. build metadata should be correct).
- There is no Windows CI build for KMime!? That makes it hard to check which
version was actually built, or where KMime comes from at all here.
- Looking at past CI state, it alternates between working and the KMime being
too old error every few builds. It breaks when the dependency version is
bumped, but then gets back to working without any code change.

So I'm a bit lost here on what is happening, the lack of a KMime Windows build
on the CI would seem suspicious though.

Regards,
Volker