DAV calendar color (Was: [kdepim-runtime] resources/dav/resource: DAV resource: propagate color changes to the server)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Apr 18 13:45:00 BST 2020

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:15:52 AM EDT you wrote:
> What I'm not sure about is what "Disable color" is supposed to do.
> The code says "save an invalid color". OK... but what does it mean for the user?
> Right now the calendar just gets some random color instead. What purpose does this serve?
> Why not remove this action, which would remove a submenu i.e. improve usability?

Wild guess:
remove your custom color assignment and revert to the color from the server side (if there is one)

If we pushed our custom color to the server then we lost the server side info and there isn't much we can do.
... and of course we want to push our color so we have the same on all our clients.
Agree that reverting to a random color doesn't make sense.

So I think David is correct.
 * remove "Disable Color" submenu
 * move "Assign Color" submenu up 1 level and rename as "Assign Calendar Color" (or somesuch)