D23806: tests(mimetreeparser): Tests that are have no depdenency against MessageViewer should move to MimeTreeParser.

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 10 10:25:22 BST 2019

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in objecttreeparsertest.cpp:39
> Why not move this as well? It does not seem to use anything that is not in the moved tests. Where/how do you draw the line? :)

The line is the tests that need rendering and not only the parsing. That is seen, if the output of testWriter is used see line 58/59:

  QVERIFY(testWriter.data().contains([...]))

it is even more obvious with D23807 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23807>, where we explicitly trigger the rendering step. As you see all reminding tests, trigger rendering. And the rendering is part of MessageViewer, so we can't move those tests to MimeTreeParser.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23806