Link error in messagelib (QWebEngineUrlRequestInterceptor)

Kevin Funk kevin.funk at kdab.com
Fri Nov 22 13:21:21 GMT 2019

On Thursday, 21 November 2019 01:08:49 CET David Faure wrote:
> On mardi 19 novembre 2019 14:46:02 CET David Faure wrote:
> > Surely that should bring WebEngineCore into the link.... but apparently it
> > doesn't? Adding -Q -v -Wl,-t to the link line (which is supposed to show
> > all libs being actually used at link time) doesn't show WebEngineCore.
>
> I think this is a bug in the cmake support in Qt [5.14 git branch].
>
> My Qt5WebEngineCore/Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake (attached) doesn't
> mention IMPORTED_LOCATION, unlike all other Config.cmake files generated by
> Qt.
>
> So, linking to Qt5::WebEngineCore doesn't do anything on my machine.
>
> Does anyone else see this? Or do you guys all have IMPORTED_LOCATION
> in your [older] versions of Qt5WebEngineCore/Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake?

I have this code in my other CMake config files. Checked my 5.12 and dev
build. I don't build qtwebengine myself usually (too big).

>From Qt's Qt5BasicConfig.cmake.in: It's essential to have the
"_populate_WebEngineCore_target_properties" macro defined and being called in
the Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake file.

Looks like this isn't the case for you.

Qt5BasicConfig.cmake.in generates this during the build, using:

!!IF !equals(TEMPLATE, aux)
macro(_populate_$${CMAKE_MODULE_NAME}_target_properties Configuration
LIB_LOCATION IMPLIB_LOCATION
      IsDebugAndRelease)

=> Looks like this if condition fails for you(?)

Just some hints; haven't looked deeper into this. From a quick glance I don't
see super drastic changes in the CMake support in Qt either, which could cause
something like this.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Funk | kevin.funk at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company