Link error in messagelib (QWebEngineUrlRequestInterceptor)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Nov 21 00:08:49 GMT 2019

On mardi 19 novembre 2019 14:46:02 CET David Faure wrote:
> Surely that should bring WebEngineCore into the link.... but apparently it
> doesn't? Adding -Q -v -Wl,-t to the link line (which is supposed to show
> all libs being actually used at link time) doesn't show WebEngineCore.

I think this is a bug in the cmake support in Qt [5.14 git branch].

My Qt5WebEngineCore/Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake (attached) doesn't
mention IMPORTED_LOCATION, unlike all other Config.cmake files generated by Qt.

So, linking to Qt5::WebEngineCore doesn't do anything on my machine.

Does anyone else see this? Or do you guys all have IMPORTED_LOCATION
in your [older] versions of Qt5WebEngineCore/Qt5WebEngineCoreConfig.cmake?

BTW, similar errors happen in kdepim-runtime/resources/ews:
libewsclient.a(ewsoauth.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol '_ZN26QWebEngineUrlSchemeHandlerD2Ev@@Qt_5'
/usr/lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Working on KDE Frameworks 5