Disabling akonadi test runner infrastructure across all repositories

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 08:44:09 GMT 2019

On Monday, 18 November 2019 02:55:19 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:18 AM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Sunday, 17 November 2019 21:20:11 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > El dissabte, 16 de novembre de 2019, a les 7:02:04 CET, Ben Cooksley va
> >
> > escriure:

> > > I think it would be really sad to lose all these tests, what's the
> > > timeframe we're speaking here to try to fix them?
> >
> > see replies to the other threads on CI test hangs, I've pushed a possible
> > fix (taken from KIO) to the affected repos. Now waiting to see if that's
> > effective and whether all places were found.
>
> The test hang in the case of Akonadi and associated repositories is
> unrelated to kdeinit5/klauncher/etc issues, as the problem in this
> instance is the akonadiserver instance launched by the test framework
> not being shutdown and cleaned up prior to the test and it's
> associated wrappers exiting. I'm therefore not sure if the same fix
> will apply here...

Right, that issue might also still be there. The hang that triggered this
discussion in kdepim-runtime however seemed to be due to KIO operations in the
POP3 and EWS tests (similar to what we saw in KDAV and KIO Extras). It's also
possible I misread the logs though :)

In case the problem persists after all, my original question on how to detect
we are running on the CI becomes relevant again. Is there an environment
variable that would be a sufficiently good indicator for this? I'd really like
to avoid removing useful tests that work perfectly fine locally.

Regards,
Volker