T6854: Modernizing Kontact look

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 7 10:00:45 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  (User, not VDG member)

  In case it isn't already too late to voice this:

  In my very humble but very serious opinion the desktop version should remain traditionally widget based, not be moved to QML/Quick. Phone UIs can work great ... on phones and tablets (but have been taking serious hits in the post-iOS-7.0 era).

  > how we could improve the Kontact UI to look more modern and slick.

  You shouldn't. These are aspects that should remain a function of the local user's taste and choice of theming.

  One good reason that probably gets overlooked by many: QML/Quick use different font rendering paths which for me means text mostly looks like sh*** compared to the Freetype/Infinality quality rendering I get just about everywhere else (which to my eyes looks better than text displays on my Mac and MSWin systems).

  Users who prefer a phone-UI interface already can use Kube.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854