D21154: Automatically run pg_upgrade when major PostgreSQL upgrade is detected

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 14 23:53:16 BST 2019

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dbconfigpostgresql.cpp:215
> +    // Get the major version from major.minor
> +    QRegularExpression re(QStringLiteral("\\(PostgreSQL\\) ([0-9]+).[0-9]+"));
> +    const auto match = re.match(output);

really "\\(" ? this is different in different languages, did you tested your regex?

> dvratil wrote in dbconfigpostgresql.cpp:254
> Thanks.
>
> Tha main difference between this and the lookup in `init()` is that here we are looking for a specific version of Postgres, while in `init()` we are looking for the newest one (without knowing what version it is)

I understand the difference, but in` init() ` you ONLY check `/usr/lib/postgresql/*/bin` and not
`/usr/lib64/pgsql/postgresql-*/bin`  and `/usr/lib/pgsql/postgresql-*/bin`. I would argue that those dictionaries should be searched in `init()` too. Because also for other Distributions the new postgres version won't be available in normal search path.Otherwise we will end up in situations, where we fix one place and add a new Distribution style and forget in the other function et visa versa.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21154