D21455: Automatic recovery from Multiple Merge Candidates error

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 31 09:58:22 BST 2019

dfaure accepted this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  Just one typo, looks good otherwise.

INLINE COMMENTS

> itemcreatehandler.cpp:502
> +
> +            transaction.commit(); // commit the current transaction, before we attempt MMC recovery
> +            recoverFromMultipleMergeCandidates(result, parentCol);

I guess this line isn't actually needed due to the HACK HACK in the recover method, but let's keep it, it looks clean, unlike the hack ;)

> itemcreatehandler.cpp:505
> +
> +            // Event if the recovery was successful, indicate error to force the client to abort the
> +            // sync, since we've interfered with the overall state.

s/Event/Even/

> datastore.cpp:1240
> +        // generate the notification before actually removing the data
> +        notificationCollector()->itemsRemoved(items);
> +    }

This makes me realize that I don't remember ever seeing the duplicates in the kmail message list.
So the duplicates must be created by itemsync itself, not by something that happens before...

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21455