KTimeTracker KF5 port

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Mon Mar 25 19:31:13 GMT 2019

Hi,

> I spent some hours to kick-start the KF5 port of KTimeTracker [1].

kewl!

>  1. What are the chances to get KTimeTracker back into KDE PIM
> releases? Does it fit the product vision?

release independently makes sense. So you start this process by releasing some
versions completely independent and after that you can request a review and
can decide whether you want continue to release independently in extragear or
to release in the Applications umbrella. but this is topic for the kde-core-
devel at kde.org mailing list.

>  2. KTimeTracker used to support KontactInterface. However
> KTimeTracker is in my opinion self-sufficient, there's little sense in
> running Kontact for the KTimeTracker functionality, thus I would
> better remove the Kontact part to reduce the amount of code to
> support. What are your opinions on KTimeTracker vs Kontact?
>  3. My ktimetracker.git repo is forked from kdepim.git:KDE/4.14, thus
> the repo is huge. How do I rewrite the commit log to preserve only the
> KTimeTracker-related history? What commands did you run to produce
> kmail.git from kdepim.git?

best ask the sysadmins, the helped us at this step. Do you know whom to ask?

> Why I started work on KTimeTracker KF5: I got used to KTimeTracker
> around 2012 and never found a better tool to track my working hours
> per task.

are you aware that there is another Qt5 base time tracker - charmtimetracker:
https://github.com/KDAB/Charm

maybe it makes sense to join forces?

hefee