QtWebKit?

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Sat Mar 2 09:49:40 GMT 2019

Il giorno Sat, 02 Mar 2019 10:17:03 +0100
René J. V.  Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> support for QtWebKit now that it has been rebooted. As I've said

As far as I know, the "reboot" has stalled
already. Personally I would not encourage anyone to use QtWebKit at
this point, no matter how lighter is compared to WebEngine.

> How much work would it be to introduce a build-time choice of
> rendering engine as KDevelop does for its documentation browser, and

AFAICS, not doable. WebEngine handles things async, WebKit does not, or
vice versa. It's going to be an unmaintainable mess.

--
Luca Beltrame
GPG key ID: A29D259B