Error while building kdepim. Error log suggestions don't work.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 02:41:56 BST 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:11:07AM +0200, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday, 12 August 2019 22:45:28 CEST A. F. Cano wrote:
> > Environment: Debian 10/stable.
> >
> > The log file says:
> >
> > CMake Error at /home/afc/kde/qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:28
> > (find_package): Could not find a package configuration file provided by
> > "Qt5WebEngine" with any of the following names:
>
> This looks like you are building Qt from sources as well. Do you really need
> to do that? What version of Qt does Debian stable provide?

5.11.3 is what most packages related to qt5 say.  I started by
requesting (in ./kdesrc-build-setup) to build everything in sight
so I wouldn't have unmet dependencies.  Then I tried just building
"pim".

> <snip>
> >
> > The qtwebengine5-dev package is installed and supplies
> > Qt5WebEngineConfig.cmake here:
> >
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebEngine/Qt5WebEngineConfig.cmake
>
> That's likely a different version than the version of Qt you compiled yourself,

5.11.3+dfsg-2+ aptitude says.

> so it will be rejected, even if you force the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
>

> > I have run kdesrc-build like this:
> >
> > Qt5WebEngine_DIR=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebEngine/
> > ./kdesrc-build --stop-on-failure kdepim
>
> You want to run "kdesrc-build kde-pim" (with a dash) - if you build "kdepim",
> it will try to compile the old KDE4 version of PIM, which you definitely do not
> want :)

Ok, I've been doing this, and only building "pim" (in
kdesrc-build-setup)

> It's likely that kdesrc-build did not build QtWebEngine from source, so it
> cannot be found. Try building it explicitly (kdesrc-build qtwebengine), but
> beware that it's massive and takes something between forever and eternity.
>
> Assuming your distro provides new-enough Qt (Qt 5.11 at least), I'd recommend
> disabling building Qt in your .kdesrc-buildrc (check [0] for details) and just
Good to know that 5.11.3 is new enough.  I'm buildiing only "pim", so
hopefully the QtWebEngine problem is now bypassed.

> install dev packages for Qt and build KDE PIM against it.
>
> If you intent to use the KDE PIM master for development only, you might
> consider using the development Docker image that we have, see here [1] for

Thanks for pointing this out.  It seems quite involved so I'll keep it
in reserve if there's no other option.  I would like to use one module
of kde-pim (ktimetracker) that is not in Debian stable as is, but I
would also like to add a feature: have ktimetracker still keep time when
the computer is suspended or hibernated.  A checkbox in some
configuration panel to enable/disable this feature and additional code
to catch the suspend/resume events to add the time that has elapsed during
the suspension/hibernation.

So now I'm building just pim and it's failing at kdoctools:

Building kdoctools from _cmdline (6/133)
        No source update, but the last configure failed
        Updating kdoctools (to branch master)
        Source update complete for kdoctools: no files affected
        Preparing build system for kdoctools.
        Removing files in build directory for kdoctools
        Old build system cleaned, starting new build system.
        Running cmake...
        Unable to configure kdoctools with CMake!
        Unable to configure kdoctools with KDE

and then

  No source update, but the build directory doesn't exist

repeated 126 times and then

The following modules were updated but not built:
        kcontacts
        akonadi
        grantlee-editor
        kdepim-addons
        mbox-importer
        libksieve
        kalarm
        kmailtransport
        bluez-qt
        kontactinterface
        kimageformats
        kmbox
        kpty
        ktextwidgets
        kemoticons
        knewstuff
        kwidgetsaddons
        incidenceeditor
        kwayland
        kauth
        kpackage
        messagelib
        kio
        kxmlgui
        kfilemetadata
        sonnet
        akonadi-notes
        libkdepim
        networkmanager-qt
        kpeople
        kmail-account-wizard
        kdiagram
        kcompletion
        kdnssd
        kdav
        mailimporter
        polkit-qt-1
        krunner
        kparts
        kleopatra
        kiconthemes
        kjobwidgets
        kmime
        korganizer
        kxmlrpcclient
        akonadi-contacts
        ktexteditor
        pim-data-exporter
        grantleetheme
        kactivities-stats
        kdelibs4support
        akonadi-import-wizard
        kactivities
        kcalutils
        syndication
        plasma-framework
        akonadi-search
        libkgapi
        kwallet
        kpkpass
        kitemviews
        kirigami
        akonadi-mime
        kdesu
        libkolabxml
        libkleo
        eventviews
        kglobalaccel
        kservice
        kitemmodels
        kconfigwidgets
        kaccounts-integration
        knotifyconfig
        solid
        purpose
        kwindowsystem
        oxygen-icons5
        akregator
        kguiaddons
        kcmutils
        kldap
        kitinerary
        frameworkintegration
        knotes
        kaddressbook
        libgravatar
        kplotting
        kimap
        kded
        kidletime
        syntax-highlighting
        mailcommon
        kdepim-runtime
        pim-sieve-editor
        kdesignerplugin
        qqc2-desktop-style
        threadweaver
        kdepim-apps-libs
        pimcommon
        kcalcore
        kontact
        kalarmcal
        ksmtp
        kholidays
        kcodecs
        kross
        phonon
        prison
        kcrash
        knotifications
        kpimtextedit
        kidentitymanagement
        kblog
        kunitconversion
        calendarsupport
        attica
        kdbusaddons
        akonadiconsole
        akonadi-calendar-tools
        breeze-icons
        kbookmarks
        kdeclarative
        ktnef
        baloo
        akonadi-calendar
        kmail
        kinit

I presume these are all the kde-pim modules and dependencies.

Debian stable has kdoctools (4.14.38.3) and kdoctools5 (5.54.0-1).
kdoctools-dev 5.54.0-1 is installed.  There are no other kdoctools*
package installed.

Could this be a case of the build system trying to use kdoctools 4?

Any idea why the build directory doesn't exist?  The scripts seem to
be quite smart at setting up the build environment and actually building
the different modules.

> --
> Daniel Vrátil
> www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org
> IRC: dvratil on Freenode (#kde, #kontact, #akonadi, #fedora-kde)
>
> GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
> Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683

Thank you very much for replying.  Any further ideas as to this latest
stumbling block?  Anyone?

Thanks!

Augustine