Error while building kdepim. Error log suggestions don't work.

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Wed Aug 14 09:11:07 BST 2019

On Monday, 12 August 2019 22:45:28 CEST A. F. Cano wrote:
> Environment: Debian 10/stable.
>
> The log file says:
>
> CMake Error at /home/afc/kde/qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake:28
> (find_package): Could not find a package configuration file provided by
> "Qt5WebEngine" with any of the following names:

This looks like you are building Qt from sources as well. Do you really need
to do that? What version of Qt does Debian stable provide?

<snip>

> The qtwebengine5-dev package is installed and supplies
> Qt5WebEngineConfig.cmake here:
>
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebEngine/Qt5WebEngineConfig.cmake

That's likely a different version than the version of Qt you compiled yourself,
so it will be rejected, even if you force the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.

> I have run kdesrc-build like this:
>
> Qt5WebEngine_DIR=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5WebEngine/
> ./kdesrc-build --stop-on-failure kdepim

You want to run "kdesrc-build kde-pim" (with a dash) - if you build "kdepim",
it will try to compile the old KDE4 version of PIM, which you definitely do not
want :)

> To pass the environment variable to kdesrc-build as instructed in the error
> message.  The error still occurs.

<snip>

> Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

It's likely that kdesrc-build did not build QtWebEngine from source, so it
cannot be found. Try building it explicitly (kdesrc-build qtwebengine), but
beware that it's massive and takes something between forever and eternity.

Assuming your distro provides new-enough Qt (Qt 5.11 at least), I'd recommend
disabling building Qt in your .kdesrc-buildrc (check [0] for details) and just
install dev packages for Qt and build KDE PIM against it.

If you intent to use the KDE PIM master for development only, you might
consider using the development Docker image that we have, see here [1] for
howto. It already has everything set up for you to just type "kdesrc-build
kde-pim" to build KDE PIM from master without having to bother with
dependencies or setting up the environment...the added benefit is that it will
completely isolate the development build of KDE PIM from your stable distro
installation, so you can safely use the stable PIM for daily use, and have a
completely separate configuration and data for the master version inside the
Docker container which you can play with.

> PS: I have tried in vain to subscribe to the kdepim-users mailing list but I
> never got the confirmation email.  I tried multiple times on the web page,
> by sending to kdepim-users-request at kde.org and by writing to
> kdepim-users-owner. Every email  seems to have gone to a black hole.  Can
> someone refer this issue to the mailing list owner? I had no problem
> subscribing to this mailing list for instance, or re-subscribing to
> kde at kde.org (the old email address stopped working).

No idea, I'm not sure who's the owner for the list, but kdepim-users is an
active list, so it should work. You could try contacting the KDE sysadmins.

Regards,
Daniel

[0] https://kdesrc-build.kde.org
[1] https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Docker

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683