A few i18n messages from PIM modules

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Wed Aug 14 09:27:59 BST 2019

On Monday, 12 August 2019 01:13:15 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are a few strings from PIM software which I think may need some fixes,
> and I'm not totally sure about how to change them.
>
> === kmail.pot (from kmail.git)
>
> - Convertor Text Plugins
>
> Is it "Text Converter plugins" or something else?

"Text Conversion Plugins", maybe? They are plugins to perform various text
conversions...

> - Check Mail Url Tracking
>
> Is it the function which checks mail for tracking URLs? If it's the case,
> should it be "Check emails for URL tracking"?

+1, alternatively "Check tracking URLs in emails" ? Either is fine, I think.

> === libmessageviewer.pot (from message messagelib.git)
>
> - Enable Mail Tracking Url
>
> Is this connected to the previous string from kmail? Maybe "Enable the
> detection of the tracking URLs for emails"?

Due to ... reasons ... this is the label in a KCFG file for the configuration
option that is toggled by a checkbox that's defined in KMail above. So the
wording should be the same.

> === kdepim-addons._json_.pot (from kdepim-addons.git)
>
> - RegexpEditorLineEdit
>
> This is the current name of
> kaddressbook/contacteditor/addresslocationeditorplugin.json - what is it
> about exactly?

Looks like a copy-paste error, should be called "Contact Address Location
Editor".

> - Email Address Requester for Templateparser
>
> The name of
> plugins/templateparser/templateparseremailaddressrequesterakonadi.json. What
> is a Templateparser, and why does a requester request it? Maybe the string
> can be changed a bit.

This is somehow related to the templateparser in messagelib. I understand this
is a plugin to separate the only Akonadi dependency from otherwise Akonadi-
independent code, but it should not be in kdepim-addons at all, since without
it the functionality is crippled...but that's another topic.

I think this is an internal plugin where the name is not important or shown
anywhere in the UI, so it does not matter much.

"Email Address Akonadi Requester for Template Parser library" would probably
be a more descriptive name.

> === kmail_editorgrammar_plugins.pot (from kdepim-addons.git)
>
> - Grammar Web Site Info
>
> Can we change it to "Grammar Website Information"?

If I understand the code correctly, this is a context menu that contains a
submenu with links to websites explaining the grammar, so maybe something like
"Online Grammar Information" ?

> - An error was found during got languages
>
> If I understand it correctly, would it be possible to change it to "An error
> was found while retrieving the languages" or "Error while retrieving the
> languages" or something like that?

"An error occurred while retrieving languages from server"  maybe?

> Please CC me, I'm not subscribed (or simply keep the i18n list in CC)
>
> Ciao

/Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683