No interest in bug reports of older versions of KDEPIM/Akonadi that are not older than a year anymore?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Apr 28 18:23:22 BST 2019

Christophe Giboudeaux - 28.04.19, 17:07:
> On dimanche 28 avril 2019 14:45:33 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > I disagree with that judgment.
>
> Fine, then it's your duty to backport the fixes from the 18.12 and
> 19.04 branches in your packages.

Okay, after meditating and letting go about it I came to the following
conclusion:

With my current skills, talents, time and setup it seems I can not do
anything useful about the situation except probably telling upstream bug
reporters to update the version numbers of the bug if they can and
telling users of Debian stable / soon to be stable Buster to either
migrate to something else like Thunderbird (tested myself), Evolution
(tested myself, works beautifully), Claws Mail (not tested myself, but
heard often enough that it works) or to switch to a distro with a more
recent release of KDEPIM/Akonadi and hope for the best.

So I step out of the way until I have access to a newer release of
KDEPIM/Akonadi.

Best of success with improving the reliability and stability of Akonadi.

No further responses to this thread required from my side.

Thanks,
--
Martin