Akumabol: Dead software, should it be removed?

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Fri Sep 21 11:56:32 BST 2018

Hello PImsters.

I issued a kdesrc-build kdepim today and it downloaded quite a lot of
software that failed to build, a few of them cougth my attention, specially
akumabol.

It looks like it's a akonadi plugin for `fumabol`, I had no idea what's
that, so I searched for it. Zero hits on the libfumabol (that's required to
build), most of the hits on google are for fumabol server, this is not even
in the 'aur' repository for arch linux (that's supposed to contain userfull
things that are not in the main repos yet)

Besides, this software has seen no meaningfull commit since 2012 so I can
say it's dead having it never been actually released (it's still alpha
code, lots of TODO, etc.)

What you guys thing?
Tomaz