Proof of concept − KIO mail://

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Sep 24 12:36:23 BST 2018

Hi Pierre,

nice job!

I don't know if it's something that regular users would regularly, but it's
certainly a nice showcase of what you can do with Akonadi :)

As a minor improvement, you could connect to
Akonadi::FetchJob::itemsRetrieved() signal to populate the entries
incrementally instead of waiting for the entire job to finish - that should
make it look "faster" when opening larger folders (or retrieve the Items from
the EntityTreeModel as well, since you already have it there). You could also
populate UDS_MODIFICATION_TIME from Item.modificationTime() to allow sorting
the emails by date :)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683