D15997: Make KPimGAPI optional

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 11 23:13:36 BST 2018

knauss added a comment.

  In D15997#338072 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15997#338072>, @dvratil wrote:

  > KMailTransport is a PIM library in the first place. PIM already depends on WebEngine, so I'm not much in favor of this change, sorry.
  >
  > (and afaik the only platform that we support that struggles with QtWebEngine is BSD, but even they somehow managed to hack around it and have it)

  well there is not only BSD having trouble with QtWebEngine, there are a lot of platform that are unsupported too: armel , mips, mips64el, ppc64el, s390x, ...
  You are right, that those platforms can't use complete KDEPIM, but with that patch they can use korganizer, kaddressbook (without gmail calendar, because of libgapi) and kraft.

  Does it make sense to move this plugin to libgapi/kdepim-addons? Anyways, what does this plugin? I havn't installed this plugin and I do not miss it - is is only needed for XOAUTH login?

REPOSITORY
  R84 PIM: KMail Transport

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15997