Junior job - Agenda and month views in KOrganizer

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 10:28:13 BST 2018

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 17:26:53 CEST nathan g. christenson wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Nathan,

thanks for offering to help us! Much appreciated.

> I am interested in working on the agenda and month views in Korganizer if
> there isn't anyone yet working on them.

Carl has already picked up this task and submitted a first patch recently:
https://phabricator.kde.org/D15916

> I looked at the previous efforts for this and the comments, and I have some
> thoughts on how to proceed, but wanted to check with you all before putting
> in any serious time. I would focus my time on cleaning up the views and
> making them look more modern (removing gradients, changing the color scheme
> to match Breeze more closely, etc.)

I CC'ed Carl, let's see what his plan is - while Carl is working on painting
the events, changing the color schema for example could probably be done in
parallel.

> I also noticed that there are some comments about how the look of Kontact
> and its components is not currently important when compared to underlying
> technical issues - if there are junior jobs that would provide more
> immediately relevant help, let me know and I will take a look at those as
> well.

Looks are also important, but of course pointless if nothing works :-)

Depending on how much you want to get your hands dirty, there are some lower-
level tasks that would help us to move forward, for example running database
fsck as part of "akonadictl fsck" (https://phabricator.kde.org/T9753), or a
larger-scale task regarding overall error reporting in Akonadi (https://
phabricator.kde.org/T9783).

However, the /best/ thing to start working on, is something that affects you
personally - is there maybe some pain-point in Kontact that you would want to
tackle?

/Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683