CalDAV calendar

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 13:27:48 GMT 2018

On Sunday, 11 November 2018 11:19:07 CET Yan wrote:
> High!

Hi Yan,

> Does anyone use DAV synchronization for calendar in korganizer? It seems
> to be broken

I use CalDAV in KOrganizer for my personal calendars and it works well.

> I've tried to use my mail.ru and yandex.ru accounts and akonadi only
> fetched calendar events at the point when I added new account. Uploading
> events and getching new ones do not work.

It's possible that Yandex or Mail.ru have some implementation of DAV servers
that return or expect some non-standard data, or that simply uncovers a bug in
KDAV.

> You may try to create new account on yandex.ru or mail.ru and sync
> calendar. The first one definetely should support english language.
>
> I was trying to fix it myself. I only know that most likely the issue in
> kdav repository. It would be nice if you describe how does the whole
> system works briefly. (korganizer <-> akonadi <-> some akonadi agent)

You already found KDAV, the library that implements the DAV protocol. The
agent that syncs data between the server and Akonadi is
akonadi_davgroupware_agent which lives in the kdepim-runtime repository [0].

Feel free to ask here if you need some information that would help you find
more details about the issue (or even fix it!), we'll try to help as much as
we can but I can't promise that we will be able to look into this ourselves
any time soon.

Cheers,
Daniel

[0] https://cgit.kde.org/kdepim-runtime.git/tree/resources/dav/resource

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683