D13041: Enable Json output for dbustracer.

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 24 09:19:42 BST 2018

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in tracer.cpp:101
> So this change is still WIP? If not, then this should be moved to the `else` branch.

the change in itself is fine - it is the json output itself, that has many small issues.

I think the direct creation of strings was a bad idea. I'll reformat it and use QJsonObjects as we than don't have to care about ending "," idention, and escaping content etc. But this will take place in another request.

> dvratil wrote in tracerinterface.h:44
> Considering the fact that the DebugString is just a very crappy version of JSON without curly braces, I tend to disagree about the readability here...

well DebugString is a full representation of the command. Where json not reached this nor is the json format correct json. That's why at least for an intermediate step we should keep the possibility to switch between formats. And for saving space I want to switch to QJsonDocument::toBinaryData in future - but this makes only sense for the dbus interface not for the file interface e.g.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D13041