D13041: Enable Json output for dbustracer.

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 23 08:38:24 BST 2018

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in tracer.cpp:101
> You should `return` here, or put the code below to an `else` branch, otherwise we are going to send each message twice.

this is intended, for the moment. I need to test if the json output is fine and the best way is to see both together

> dvratil wrote in tracer.h:39
> Not needed?

it is needed so that we can use the method:

  ​ void connectionInput(const QString &identifier, qint64 tag, const Protocol::CommandPtr &cmd);
   void connectionOutput(const QString &identifier, qint64 tag, const Protocol::CommandPtr &cmd);

​

> dvratil wrote in tracerinterface.h:44
> What is the purpose of this? The `DebugString` value is not referenced anywhere and the question is - do we want to? If we have JSON format, there's no need for plain string messages, is there? We don't need to concern ourselves with backwards compatibility anymore, since Akonadi and akonadiconsole are on the same release cycle now.

I think it is a good approch to keep DebugString, as it is easier to read than JSON. That's why I think it make sense to keep the ability to switch.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D13041