Word-wrapping behavior (was: Re: Kontact website)

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Jul 22 11:19:09 BST 2018

Hi.

Volker Krause - 22.07.18, 11:40:
> On Monday, 16 July 2018 01:47:41 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > last year during Akademy I started toying with an idea of having a
> > proper website for Kontact to present it as a product, similar to
> > what Krita, Digikam, Plasma Mobile and some other projects in KDE
> > do. I started playing with the kde.org template a while ago, but
> > today I finally managed to polish it and to fill it with some
> > actual content:
> >
> > Live version: http://kontact.dvratil.cz (auto-updated from git)
> > Git repo: https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/dvratil/kontact-kde-org.git
> >
> > For now most of the content is just short blurbs and outdated
> > feature lists from the wikis - if you find some time, please help
> > improving the content any way you see fit. Ideally we should bring
> > up-to-date the wikis and cherry-pick the really cool stuff with
> > screenshots to the website.
> >
> > Once the content does not suck, we can ask sysadmins to host it
> > somewhere for us and point kontact.org and kontact.kde.org to the
> > new website.
[…]
> Thanks a lot for looking into this!
>
> Here's an attempt on updating the KMail feature list:
>
> <h2>Secure</h2>
> <ul>
> compromise on features than security or privacy.</li>
> and S/MIME is built-in, and a setup and key generation wizard aids
> users in getting started with this.(TODO: is that correct, can't seem
> SSL/TLS encrypted communication is of course the supported, as are a
> number of authentication methods such as GSSAPI (Kerberos) or XXX
> isolation of HTML content.</strong> If HTML emails can't be avoided,
[…]
> comes with many small helpers to make you more efficient, such as
> warning about forgotten attachments, inline attachment compression or
> resizing of attached images.</li>

Which still does the above when I enable word-wrap in colum 72, i.e.
with a maximum line length that is below what it would have after adding
the quoting signs.

I switch word-wrap off in such case and then on again. In settings,
cause it does not change the initial formatting anymore when I do it in
the composer.

I wonder whether there is a report about it. I bet there is.

Thanks,
--
Martin