akonadi regression affecting todos

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 14:15:25 BST 2018

On vendredi 20 juillet 2018 21:51:58 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> this is caused by the same problem as the sent messages being marked as
> read. It's a fatal flaw in what otherwise sounded like great plan to
> improve notifications
>
> I don't have an immediate fix, but I'll come up with something over the
> weekend.

I have switched back to 18.04 on my machine meanwhile, to be able to work, but
Laurent tells me that 18.08 still can't create events, doesn't mark Sent mails
as read, and (at least in master) doesn't even notify of new incoming emails
properly anymore.

The 18.08 release goes out in 3 weeks (during akademy).
Can you revert to the old notification system in 18.08 branch, and work on
this new system in master only?

I think you got caught by the branching, i.e. you started in master and
suddenly that got forked into 18.08. Even if some of those bugs are fixed, I
don't think it's wise at this point to have this new stuff in 18.08, it's a
recipe for severe regressions. Just when things were starting to be stable...
;)

Surely the best course of action is to revert to the working notification
system in 18.08 branch, but Laurent and I don't know exactly what needs
reverting, can you take care of it?

Thanks.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5