akonadi regression affecting icaldir todos

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 09:08:17 BST 2018

I use an icaldir resource for my todos in a local folder.

Since the 18.08 upgrade, I'm getting errors when modifying a todo, both in zanshin and in korganizer.

Error while trying to modify calendar item. Error was: Unable to fetch item from backend (collection -1) : Unable to retrieve item from resource: Invalid item retrieved

Some debugging:

akonadiconsole's Debugger tab, at the bottom, shows
AgentBase(akonadi_icaldir_resource_0): Incidence with uid '66d3d30b-37a4-4eba-9c1d-051991eaef96' not found.

And yet, it's there:
$ grep 66d ~/todos/*[0-9]
/home/dfaure/todos/66d3d30b-37a4-4eba-9c1d-051991eaef96:UID:66d3d30b-37a4-4eba-9c1d-051991eaef96

The job tracker shows no errors from the ItemFetchJobs run by the icaldir resource (strange, given the above !)
by shows an error in the ItemModifyJob run by zanshin (the "Unable to fetch item" error).
Details in attached screenshot.

The zanshin unittests fail in AkonadiStorageTest::shouldNotifyTagAdded and AkonadiStorageTest::shouldNotifyTagChanged,
but that's likely unrelated, the above isn't about tags.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5