PIM Sprint 2018 in Toulouse

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 10:28:34 GMT 2018

On Friday, 19 January 2018 09:54:20 CET Franck wrote:
> So it's time to set the date for the PIM Sprint.
>
> The pool votes converges toward the* April 20/21/22 Weekend*. Ekito
> confirmed me it would be ok for them too, so here we go.
> I usually do the hotel reservation for Volker, Dan & Sandro, but feel free
> to ping me if you need one, or (for the usuals) if this time you don't need
> one.

thanks a lot for handling this again Franck! I'd need a hotel from Fri to Sun,
as usual :) When do we start on Friday?

Regarding topics to discuss, it probably makes sense to look at where we stand
regarding the recently defined KDE Goals.

* Privacy
- overall not too bad with the extensive crypto support in KMail I think
- more clearly identifying secondary features that involve online operations
might make sense though (Gravatar, phishing protection, etc).
- are we defaulting to SSL/TLS for all new accounts, and warn about not using
encrypted connections?
- are we handling SSL/TLS certificate errors/weak ciphers/etc properly, e.g.
comparable to what browsers do?

* Easy access for new contributors
- there's definitely some work needed here I think
- see Sandro's work on dependencies, not exactly easy to explain
- upstream API-stable tier 1 modules to KF5
- can we reduce/remove some of the "dumping ground" modules?

* UX
- tons of work here I think, what do we want to focus on?

Regards,
Volker