PIM Sprint 2018 in Toulouse

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 13:32:41 GMT 2018

Hey,

> thanks a lot for handling this again Franck! I'd need a hotel from Fri to
> Sun, as usual :) When do we start on Friday?

I'll check for connections the next days and than send you a mail...

> Regarding topics to discuss, it probably makes sense to look at where we
> stand regarding the recently defined KDE Goals.
>
> * Privacy
> - overall not too bad with the extensive crypto support in KMail I think
> - more clearly identifying secondary features that involve online operations
> might make sense though (Gravatar, phishing protection, etc).
> - are we defaulting to SSL/TLS for all new accounts, and warn about not
> using encrypted connections?
> - are we handling SSL/TLS certificate errors/weak ciphers/etc properly, e.g.
> comparable to what browsers do?
- having something like torbirdy - every connection through tor and hide the
sending mailclient etc., open links in torbrowser,...
- Memory Hole (https://phabricator.kde.org/T742)?
- search inside encrypted messages? - The current situation is that encrypted
messages aren't indexed, so now way to find a message again. Can also be a
privacy breach, that's why we need to discuss different solutions here. Maybe
with plasma vault we have a solution making sure, that the indexes of the
encrypted mails are encrypted too...

Topics not specific for kontact:
- VPN support?
- environmental offline/online support - f. ex. using a public Wifi - kontact
keeps offline by default.

> * Easy access for new contributors
> - there's definitely some work needed here I think
> - see Sandro's work on dependencies, not exactly easy to explain
> - upstream API-stable tier 1 modules to KF5
> - can we reduce/remove some of the "dumping ground" modules?

> * UX
> - tons of work here I think, what do we want to focus on?

* Make CI green again
- yes a "default topic" - as there is a new CI we can start again getting the
CI green :D

hefee