T7846: akonadi > MySQL ERD Review

Pablo Sanchez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 5 15:46:12 GMT 2018

pablo added a comment.

  **Flags should be //NOT NULL//**

  I noticed **[ResourceTable]** has a flag named **isVirtual** and it is NULL'able.  It is defined as a **TINYINT(1)** (effectively a Boolean).  We'll want to fix this column so it is **NOT NULL**  The DDL for the column has a default (zero).

  **Key/Value Pair anti-pattern **

  The **[CollectionAttributeTable]** is being used as a generic key/value pair table - see <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/126271/key-value-pairs-in-relational-database> why this is not a good way to go if there is heavy demand on this table.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7846