D10255: Prevent infinite recursion in messagelist

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 5 09:58:57 GMT 2018

dvratil requested changes to this revision.
dvratil added a comment.

  @dkurz please open a new phabricator task for your effort, we can discuss your questions there - and generally, it's a good idea to do that before you start something bigger, so we know what's going on and maybe discuss some details before you start working on it. The main reason is to avoid situations where you write a big chunk of code but it does not get merged because it does not do what we think it should or is missing some important bits. Thanks!

  @winterz, I now realize another odditty with your code:

    if (this != tItem) {
      return tItem;
    } else {
      return this;
    }

  The `else` branch implies, that `this == tItem`, in which case your code could be rewritten as

    if (this != tItem) {
      return tItem;
    } else {
      return tItem;
    }

  Which basically means that your change does not do anything, Or am I missing something here?

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D10255