D10255: Prevent infinite recursion in messagelist

Denis Kurz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 4 20:37:46 GMT 2018

dkurz added a comment.

  How can a check *after* the recursive call resolve an infinite recursion? To prevent those, we have to treat base cases *before* the recursive call. Otoh, it seemed to help in your case. I'm quite curious how that's possible...

  Also note that cycles with length >1 (A is parent of B, B is parent of C, ... Z is parent of A) might cause the infinite recursion. This would explain why Dan's approach did not work, because no item is its own parent.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D10255